Skip to main content

MET Gala 2017

The Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Insitute benefit, which is better known as the MET Gala, is one of fashion biggests nights. The event is hosted to raise money for the fashion department of the MET. The night is known for having a lot of celebrities attending and a lot of amazing fashion. Sadly, tickets are $30,00 and a table costs about $275,000 (!!). Even if you can afford this, you need permission of Anna Wintour herself.

The theme of the night was "Comme des garçons". This is a Japanese fashion label founded by Rei Kawakubo. She has often been described as one of the most influential designers of the 20th and 21st century. The clothing she designs are very avant-garde, and she doesn't stick to any rules whatsoever. She herself says her clothing is weird, and she even once said she is trying to "not make clothes".

Someone who really stuck to the theme this MET Gala, was Rihanna. Sadly, I think she was one of the only ones. I feel like some people didn't even try... although I don't really like this, I decided to still include them in my favorites of the night. I listed my favorites down below. Below the pictures are also the names of the women.

I think the prettiest dresses of the MET 2017 were worn by Zendaya, Lupita Nyong'o, Blake Lively and Brie Larson. However, my favorite is Rihanna. She looked amazing, and she really stuck with the theme, which I applaud. Who was your favorite of the nigt? Let me know in the comments!

1. Cara Delevingne
2. Zendaya
3. Rihanna

1. Reese Witherspoon
2. Kylie Jenner
3. Selena Gomez

1. Kendall Jenner
2. Blake Lively
3. Lupita Nyong’o

1. Emmy Rossum
2. Diane Kruger
3. Brie Larson

1. Kim Kardashian
2. Miranda Kerr
3. Joan Smalls


1. Jessica Chastain
2. Doutzen Kroes
3. Aymeline Valade

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sandals

Summer is almost over, but that doesn’t stop me from fawning over sandals . They are the ultimate summer shoes ; comfortable , very cute and they pair perfectly with a pretty summer dress or a nice pair of shorts. The trend this summer is strappy sandals , and I absolutely love it. These sandals are so pretty and elegant… instead of me describing them , you should probably just look at them down below 😉 I picked some of my favorite summer sandals and listed them down below, with a link where to buy them if this was available . A fair share of these sandals are strappy sandals , but don’t worry if this isn’t your thing ! I tried to make a balanced selection , including the trendy strappy sandals , but also small heels , wedges , espadrilles, slip-ons, slippers, whatever I could find really . So if you want to buy some cute sandals for the summer (I hope I’m not too late), make sure to check these ou

Look 61

These sneakers are a bit much, but I think they go really well with this look.  I'm curious to hear what you think about this outfit, let me know in the comments below!

Look 58

A little puffer coat to (almost) end winter, and of course I had  to add these super trendy and cool white boots ❤