Skip to main content

MET Gala 2018

The theme of the Met Gala 2018 was "Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination". Some people really took this theme to heart, others not so much. It felt like some people just slapped a cross on a dress (see Kim Kardashian), while others didn't do anything with the theme, it looked like (Hailey Baldwin, Miley Cyrus, Kendall Jenner and more)... but to be honest, I'm okay with it. It's a bit disappointing, but I personally found this theme really difficult. A nuns dress isn't neccessarily the most fashionable, let alone red-carpet worthy.

Some people who did pay a lot of attention to the theme, were Rihanna, Jared Leto, Ariana Grande, Emilia Clarke and more. I think more people stuck to the theme this year than they did last year, which is already an improvement.

I listed some of my favorite dresses of the night down below. My absolute favorites are Amanda Seyfried, Blake Lively, Gigi Hadid and SZA. What were your favorites? Let me know in the comments below!
1. Hailey Baldwin
2. Amanda Seyfried
3. Rihanna

1. Emilia Clarke
2. Blake Lively
3. Hailee Steinfeld

1. Gigi Hadid
2. Stella Maxwell
3. Katherine Langford

1. Priyanka Chopra
2. SZA
3. Kendall Jenner

1. Kim Kardashian
2. Emma Stone
3. Amal Clooney

1. Miley Cyrus
2. Jasmine Sanders
3. Liu Wen

1. Irina Shayk
2. Emily Ratajkowski
3. Jared Leto

1. Paris Jackson
2. Donatella Versace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sandals

Summer is almost over, but that doesn’t stop me from fawning over sandals . They are the ultimate summer shoes ; comfortable , very cute and they pair perfectly with a pretty summer dress or a nice pair of shorts. The trend this summer is strappy sandals , and I absolutely love it. These sandals are so pretty and elegant… instead of me describing them , you should probably just look at them down below 😉 I picked some of my favorite summer sandals and listed them down below, with a link where to buy them if this was available . A fair share of these sandals are strappy sandals , but don’t worry if this isn’t your thing ! I tried to make a balanced selection , including the trendy strappy sandals , but also small heels , wedges , espadrilles, slip-ons, slippers, whatever I could find really . So if you want to buy some cute sandals for the summer (I hope I’m not too late), make sure to check these ou

Look 61

These sneakers are a bit much, but I think they go really well with this look.  I'm curious to hear what you think about this outfit, let me know in the comments below!

Look 58

A little puffer coat to (almost) end winter, and of course I had  to add these super trendy and cool white boots ❤